According to the CDC, as a nation we spend 86% of our health care dollars on the treatment of chronic diseases. Did you know:
- 80% of adults do not get adequate exercise
- 69% of adults are overweight and 35.1% are obese
- 27% have cardiovascular disease
- 32.5% of adults have hypertension
- 33.5% of adults have high cholesterol
- 8.3% of adults have diabetes
- 49% of Americans have at least one of these three risk factors for heart disease: high blood pressure, high LDL cholesterol and/or smoking
The only way to prevent disease is by taking action to stop progression. Unhealthy lifestyle choices often lead to chronic diseases, which can cost companies exorbitant amounts of revenue dollars in lost productivity alone. So what does this mean? It means that encouraging healthy lifestyle habits can truly make a difference to the employee and the bottom-line. This is the main reason workplace wellness is so important.
Some of the benefits of implementing a wellness program include:
- Attracting and retaining top talent
- Reducing absenteeism and lost time
- Improving on-the-job performance, productivity, decision making and overall time utilization
- Improving employee morale and job satisfaction
- Creating a stronger sense of teamwork and camaraderie with co-workers
- Reducing turnover
- Improving overall employee health and reducing or preventing chronic diseases, which can then contribute to lower health care costs
Our team works proactively to help you take full advantage of the benefits of a wellness program, maximizing employee engagement and participation. Because every organization has different needs, our team works to customize comprehensive wellness programs aimed at supporting healthy behaviors and improving overall general health. The essence of these wellness programs is to provide our clients with the resources needed to produce effective wellness programs aimed at encouraging employees to change unhealthy behaviors, adopt healthier lifestyles, and take preventive measures to avoid the start or deterioration of health risks.
As healthcare costs continue to rise, doesn’t it makes sense to invest in the health and wellbeing of your employees?
HEALTH & WELLNESS SERVICES WE OFFER
Click on Dropdown Boxes to Learn More